Tuesday 15 July 2014

StrideBox June 2014 Review

What is Stride Box?
StrideBox is a fun and exciting way to discover running products and accessories. Each month, as a member, you will receive a curated box of apparel, accessories, and nutrition products to fuel your training sessions, workouts, and races. ( from website)

Referral Programs: They do not offer referral programs

Ships to:  Canada and US

Cost: 20$ a month for Canadians

This box is well packaged. I like that it is simple and doesn't have to much paper in it.  Although I hope that if there ever was something breakable in the box that they will add some padding.  Also all items are nicely placed in the box which I also like. 
The description card is nice it has the logo of the brands, a description and what it is and what it is used for as well as the price for the full-sized items.
Items in the box. I know this doesn't seem super organized. I consider it so because there is a lot of items in the box, so I do expect items to move around in the box. 

Every items in the box.
RunFit 365 discount- 15% discount on laundry detergent ( Retail: 22$-40$ depending on the plan you choose)
This is a discount coupon to get a running plan at 75% off from RUNFIT 365.There seems to be quiet a bit of different running plans on this site. I think I may just buy one of these to see how they compare to other plans that I have found.

As for the laundry detergent I already have way too much of it since I stock up on it when it's on sale so I will probably skip it.


PureFit- Nutrition Bar- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip ( Retail; 2.49$)
Gluten-free, Non-dairy, Vegan loaded with 18g of protein. U|se to fuel your training session, or as a recovery after a race.

I ate this the day I got my box after a run. I have tried several vegan protein bars ( I know there's still plenty out there to try) and so far this is the best one. I will probably buy a few boxes of these because they were just that delish. They retail at 37.35/ 15 bars.

Hammer Gel-Peanut Butter  (retail: 1.41$)
Gluten-free and vegan friendly gel with complex carbs and very little added sugar for rock solid energy and no crash.

I haven't tried this yet and I am a bit on the fence not because of the flavour but because of the texture I will be trying it eventually regardless just to see whether or not I will like it. Retail 33.95$/ 24 packets.

A perfect pocket- Self-Adhesive Pocket ( Retail; 2.49$)
Simply peel, stick and go for a perfect place to keep your money, ID, credit card, room key or anything else during your training or race.

I think this is a great idea especially for long runs or days out. I think this will be great for my 5k marathon in Ottawa, where me carrying a purse around really won't be good for me when I run the 5k alone. 
retail; 9.99$/ 4 pack
Water Sensations- Liquid Infusion ( retail .54$)
Energy- With natural caffeine and B vitamins for an energizing boost.
Fitness- With electrolytes and antioxidants to replenish your body.
retail: 5.38/10 liquid packs

I got the lemonade flavour I have not tried this yet but will probably drink it after a run.

Muscle Milk Pro series Energy Chews- Tropical (Retail: 2.49$)
The unique carbohydrates combination provides fast, intermediate, and prolonged energy to help you perform at your optimal level.
retail: 24.90$/ 10 pouches

I tried these when I got them in the mail. I did do a run that night after taking them. I did good on my run and had some energy left after. Whether or not this is due to these treats I don't know. The flavour of these jubjubs are actually pretty good. I also have a similar sample from bodymorphia this month and still have to try those.


Hyland's Bioplasma Sport (retail: 1.11$)

There’s nothing better than feeling invigorated during and after a workout. Gulps of water are a must, but when it comes to keeping your muscles free from post-workout pain, Bioplasma Sport is the go-to, on-the-go solution.* The powder is developed to dissolve instantly on the tongue and enable more rapid absorption. Pouches are light weight, moisture resistant and allow for greater mobility. Easy to slip in the gym bag or put in your pocket when you head out for your workout. ( taken from website)


This was a little extra in the box. It wasn't noted on the product card. This product retails for 13.39$/ 12 pk.
I will try this out to see if it does anything. I like to try homoeopathic remedies to see if they really work, just like the rest of the products I receive. 

Paper Shower- Body Wipers- Fresh (retail: 1,16$)
Combines large body wipe, specially formulated to remove sweat, and a dry towel. Perfect as a post training or race cleansing wipe.
retail: 13.95$/12 pack

StrideBox-HiCool-Cooling/UV Protective Sleeves (retail: 10.99$ a pair)
Sweat Wikcing, breathable, UV protective arm sleeves are perfect for early morning or late evening summer runs. (from card)

I have actually tried these already. I was a bit on the fence about these. I thought how can putting on a layer of clothing help cool me down. I tried them and they did keep my cool and when I took the sleeves off my arms were dry. I do think they look funny on but if they can help me then why not keep wearing them. Another great thing is is this covers over half of the box ( for CAN residents).



A little extra sticker added in the box.


Thoughts
I do like this box because it is geared for runners but I don't feel like the value is there for what I paid. I received just over 20$ in products. Also if you have allergies I don't know how well this box would suit you ( think all the peanut butter items this month).

I think that once my three month subscription with stride box is done that I may try out bodymorphia. I really enjoyed their launch bag and found that compared to stride it had more bang for my buck. I do think however if you are a U.S. resident this box would be worth it as you do get more then what you paid what for.





Note: Sample prices written in bold besides the products names are approximative. 


No comments:

Post a Comment