Friday 18 July 2014

July Stride Box Review 2014

 What is Stride Box?
StrideBox is a fun and exciting way to discover running products and accessories. Each month, as a member, you will receive a curated box of apparel, accessories, and nutrition products to fuel your training sessions, workouts, and races. ( from website)

Referral Programs: They do not offer referral programs

Ships to:  Canada and US

Cost: 20$ a month for Canadians

 The products in the box are wrapped nicely and neatly which is always a plus in my book.

All the samples the products that come in the box.

The product card is probably one of the best that I have seen so far. It is well written. I like that it has the logo of the products, a small description and how much full size products cost. 


Champion Naturals- Invogarate Workout Sports Drink ( Retail: 2$ a packet/ 39.99$-20 pack)
Support peformance, sustain energy, and promote recovery with this great tasting intra-workout booster. great before, during or after.

I'll probably use this after a workout. I find that I am fine in every aspect of my exercise except for recovery.

2Toms- SportsShield- Anti-Chafe  ( Retail 1.30/ 13$-10 pack
A chafing solution ina convenient to use towellette application. Greatly reduces the friction that causes blisters, chafing and irritation.

I can't wait to try this but not in my runs. I really want tow ear dresses and skirts but my legs chafe all the time and nothing has worked yet but maybe this will.


Then bunch of papers that come in with the box. They all have these there is discount codes on most of them but I don't count these in the retail value like I did the last box because unless I like the product they are of no use to me. 



Bonk Breaker- Bonk Bites- Blueberry Oats ( Retails: 1,50$/ 18$-12 bars)
Delicious blueberry flavor. This great tasting energy bar in a compact during your training sessions and long runs size is perfect to enjoy.

GU Energy Gel- Salted Watermelon- NEW FLAVOR ( Retail: 1.45$/ 11.60$- 8 pack)
Voted the official flavor of the Rock 'n' Roll marathon, this gel goes down easy and goes to work fast to keep you moving. 

I am not sure about the taste of this but I am willing to give it a try. 

Note the following pictures are upside down. I had this issue on my other blog and I don't know why so for that I do apologize. 

This is all the products that was in the bottle. The retail value of the bottles and the samples put together is 9$. There was no description about the following products on the description card itself but they did include a separate one inside the bottle.

Cocogo.- Grape and Raspberry Passion Flavours
2 great flavors to try! Coconut water plus real fruit deliver an ideal balance of electrolytes. Great taste, steady energy and no cramps. 

Nuun- Lemon Lime and Tri-Berry
Each great flavor delivers a fast0absorbing electrolytes blend with no sugar, and no artificial flavors or color.


Zym Electrolyte tablets- Grape ( NEW FLAVOR)|
Hydration for exercise, training and competition. With 100mg of caffeined and sweetened with all natural Stevia.

Total retail:  Approximately 15$

Thoughts
I have cancelled my stridebox subscription. Unfortunetely this has not been a box worth buying. It may be worth it for the US because you still get at least your money worth but this didn't even hit the 20$ mark that I paid for and the last box was maybe 2-3$ over what I paid. I did like that each box gave you some kind of apparel and that there was a variety of items to try from bars to gels and tablets. I just wish that financially it was worth it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment