Thursday 24 July 2014

BodyMorphia June 2014 Review

What is Bodymorphia?
This monthly subscription is the gift that keeps on giving because it keeps hooking you up with awesome health and fitness products!
Every month, a top-notch subscription containing 5 to 6 full-sizes and deluxe samples will show up in your mailbox bursting with nutritional supplements, vitamins and health solutions from the brands you love, the ones you’d love to try and the stuff you didn’t even know you wanted yet! ( Taken from site)
How much does it cost?
20.00$ a month ( which includes shipping) only ships to Canadians at the moment.
Referrals and/or points?
There is no referral program or points program  at the moment but hopefully they will have some for their loyal customers.
This month was the official Bodymorphia bag launch and I have to say my first impressions before even reading up on the products was great. I really think this box can go far if their bags keep being this good. The price of the bag is 20$ a month and the value of this bag was 60$

Each "box" is actually a reusable bag. This makes me think of the make-up subscription Ipsy. I love the ideal that these are bigger bags because it makes them more versatile and useful ( or at least I think so)
I also really liked this little extra LaUNCH bag. It isn't really big but I think it is a great snack bag. For those of you who are like me and that need to have several healthy snacks with you wherever you go this is great to have. It fits nicely in the bag it was in this month and other large totes. It can also protect all the other goods that can get ruined by an accidental leaking snack or drink and this lunch box is perfect to keep the mess in. 
Muscle MLK Powder
Muscle MLK is a protein enhanced beverage that features a blend of premium proteins, functional fats and good carbohydrates. Just mix 2 scoops (70g) with 325 mL of water to make a delicious shake. You can also add Muscle MLK powder to pancakes, smoothies or other recipes to increase the protein content (see below). Muscle MLK powder provides a delicious way to help fuel your workout.
Uses: Pre-workout, post-workout or as a protein-rich snack  ( taken from Muscle MLK site)
Retails for 43.84$ for 2.48 lbs container ( full-sized)
I was really happy when I saw this in my bag. If you are like me and fairly new to training ( weight train 3x a week and jog 3x a week) since March you don't really know what to get when it comes to protein. I have been wanting to buy protein powder but I live in a small community and the choices when it comes to protein powders are very limited and they only come in full-sizes. Again if you are like me spending 40$ + on something that I don't know I will like. That's why I am happy that this was in my bag. I didn't have to spend the money ( and If I had paid for the bag it would've been half of what I would have to pay here) and I know get to try a product that I was too afraid to buy. 
I did try this product in fact it was the first thing I tried. I really like the flavour of this product ( I had vanilla). Unfortunately I caught a stomach bug the same night ( no it wasn't the shake, there is a stomach-flu going through this town) so I couldn't tell if this product helped or will but I will keep trying it. 
2 month of premium membership for Fit Radio 5.98$ ( 2.99$ a month)
A radio station made for athletes. I love that most of the stations have upbeat songs that definitely help me get through a workout.

TracHealth Chia Drink 
For your next workout, reach for TRAChealth’s hydrating all natural Chia + Coconut Water drink instead of an artificially flavored sports drink. We combined the powerful superfoods of chia seeds and coconuts into one convenient portable drink that’s packed with plant based nutrition and beneficial for everyone especially athletes. Just add water, mix and enjoy. ( taken from TracHealth website)

Retail 2.08$ ( 24.99$ for 12)

When I saw this in my bag I was really excited to see this. I bought chia seeds awhile back and used them in one recipe I have been a little weary of using them and this got my hopes up. I am also not a big fan of coconut water ( lord knows I tried) so I thought hey maybe the mixing of these two products will make an excellent mixture. This is the third thing in the bag that I have used ( after the protein shake and the radio). This was a fail for me. You mix the packet with 10-12oz of water and drink. I didn't like the taste of this it was basically coconut water powder and I don't like coconut water. Another reason that I didn't like this is, the chia seeds just got caught in my teeth and getting a bunch of seeds stuck in my teeth really isn't my thing. Also if you aren't familiar with chia seeds they absorb the water and turn into a gel ( great to use to replace eggs) and I am not to sure how I like the feeling of that consistency in my mouth. Now I can't put the product completely down because the company does have different flavours and although I'm not fond of the seeds in my teeth and the consistency of gel but maybe if I had tried a different flavour I could maybe be more inclined to like this product. If I ever do see trial packets at a store I will make sure to buy them and try them.

CytoSport Energy Drops
are designed to deliver energy in a fast and efficient manner. The Advanced Carbohydrate System (ACS), which incorporates multiple fuel-energy sources including our proprietary, acid-buffering alpha-L-Polylactate. takes advantage of your body's natural ability to transport and deliver different carbohydrate sources through multiple unique pathways. This carbohydrate blend provides fast, intermediate and prolonged energy - as well as vital electrolytes helping athletes perform at high levels. (Taken from their website)

Retails for 2.17$ ( 34.77$ for 16 pouches)

I am not sure what to think about this product but I will be trying them sometime in the future. I am currently training for a 5k but I am hoping to be at a 10k by the end of summer. I will probably by using these drops during one of my training. These come in two different flavours I received the orange+tangerine flavour ( contains 50mg's of caffeine per pouch) the other flavour tropical fruit+ Pomegranate flavour does not contain caffeine.
HemaVol
iFORCE Nutrition has done it again! Introducing the world’s first plasma volumizer, HEMAVOL! Hemavol was specifically engineered to generate skin splitting muscle pumps and myofibrallar plasma volumization.
With Hemavol’s revolutionary hemodynamic technology, your workouts will NEVER be the same! A new generation of plasma volumizers has emerged and Hemavol is the ONLY choice for those who are sick of inferior so called “Nitric Oxide” products packed with useless sugars, caffeine and Arginine. Hemavol uses only ingredients backed by science. It’s time to get one step ahead of the competition, it’s time for Hemavol! ( taken from their site
I am really not sure how I feel about this product. I am intrigued by it but until I see more information not written by the people who are trying to sell it ( please if you have any information from a second source please send it to me) I am not sure if I am going to try it.  I did receive three flavours ( Cherry limeade, Tangy Tangerine and Fruit Punch). 

Thoughts
I really like this box. Yes, I may not like all the products and try all of them but I really like this box. I got to discover products that are new and not so new to me and I think that it is great. I think this box is good for all types of athletes beginner or Advanced. They also have a blog themselves on bodymorphia.com I do wish they had less WTF in their titles just because it makes me think if my three year old could write thats what it would look like. Not the WTF part but the constant repetition of it in the titles but besides that I like the blog and I hope they continue with it. 
I also like that they show a picture of the bag of the month and I hope that they continue to do this. I think that this might entice more customers by seeing the products that they are/or might be getting.
What they can improve or add.
I really hope that they add product cards with the next boxes. I think a card explaining the product a little more and that details the price of the items would be really good. It would help consumers see the value of the bag and help them decide if the products are for them.
I would also like to see a possible on-line store.  Although all of these products can be found on-line it would be great to have them straight from the source that introduced them to us. 
I would also like to see a points of referral program for loyal customers. 
I also think it would be great if they had multiple months subscription.
Besides that I think that this box has great potential and if they continue on this track and tweek a few things mentioned above that they will go far in their endeavour.
I will be continuing to follow this box and when my budget allows ( as I am reviewing a few other boxes at the moment) I will most likely purchase a few more bags.

If you are interested in this bag you can get 15% off by using code CNDSUBBOX
at bodymorphia.com
The prices from this site are based on MRSP provided by Bodybuilding.com ( given to me by bodymorphia) 


This site is for educational and entertainment purposes.
It is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Our statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada.
The products featured here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
You should always consult with your doctor or other qualified health care professionals before using any dietary products or supplements mentioned on this or on any other sites.
( This is also taken from the bodymorphia.com site and it is something that I also want yo to be aware of since I am posting about the products on my site)

No comments:

Post a Comment