Wednesday 6 August 2014

May Whimsey box 2014

What is Whimsey Box?
Whimsey is the destination for D.I.Yers and crafters. For 15$ a monthly subscription that brings a fresh new project to your door every month. 

Ships to US and Canada ( 5$ S&H)

Referal Program:  Earn a free box every time someone signs up using your link (this is mine) and they will receive 5$ off of their first box.

 This month box we got to learn how to make paper flowers
 The same famous quote on this box. I do wish they would change it from month to month though instead of keeping it the same.
 I always love how well they package the box with love and care. I also love how colourful the wrapping inside the box it gets me all excited to do some craft. I started keeping the paper and ribbon inside the box to use for other craft projects. 
 This is the picture of the month it was made by Ashley Gardner  If you want to see more of this artist work visit her at her EtsyShop or her website.

I don't know why they picked this picture this month but I really like it in fact it makes me think of flower petals and crepe paper. Which are this months crafts projects and materials.
 A detailed view of the instructions they provide. They also have videos for each projects to give you a little extra help to finish the project if you need it.
This card is extremely detailed and I find that great. 





A new thing they introduced this year is a list and a picture to show all products that should be in your box. I like this ideal I find that is helps me locate and see what the items are supposed to look like.






Another thing I really like about this box is that they supply all materials. In the last few boxes I've received ink and pen ( caligraphy), needle and round nosed pliers ( beaded necklace) and in this box I got scissors. I also got all the other materials that I needed. I like this because some boxes that I've  looked at for adults and kids craft only come with some material but you must purchase the rest and I don't have to do this with this subscription.

This months box came in with paper templates to make the petals.



The fun extra pin that they have in all the boxes to keep track of what skills you have learned.

Thoughts
I really enjoy this box and I think for the price that it is great and it helps keep my creative juices flow. I haven't had the time yet to complete or even start the last two projects yet as my weekly routine has been a little chaotic lately and finding time to sit and craft has been hard and the last two project seem like they will take a while. I am hoping to tackle the craft this month now that things are slowing down and that I am getting used to a daily routine.  I will post pictures of the completed craft on the blog and on my FB page.

There is no Review for June's Whimsey box because the products in it stunk so bad it made my whole apartment smell :(



No comments:

Post a Comment