Wednesday 6 August 2014

Ipsy May 2014

What is Ipsy?
For 10$ a month (4.95 for S&H to Canada) you receive a bag with 4-5 deluxe or/and full-sized samples.

Box customization: Yes, last year they added a review me button so you can review the products. This helps them see what you like and dislike and make your bag better suited for you. They also have a style quizz for you to fill out when you first become a member and you can change it whenever you would like

Referral program: Yes for every referral you receive 250 points.Once you have enough points you can get an extra item in your bag of your choice. Here is my link.

This month theme was Fresh Picks


I really liked the print and colours this month it fits the theme and the season. I also really like that this was a fabric material. I do hope that they continue to make the bags fabric.

Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo ( Moonbeam and unicorn colours)
The Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo are coconut infused mineral eye shadows that are a perfect addition to any makeup collection. Packaged in a beautiful travel ready recyclable container, these exclusive duos are customized just for ipsy! These shades can be found in the Pacifica Mystical and Charmed Palette. Smooth application with gorgeous color pay-off. 

I like products like these something easy to pack in a bag. You can also make a simple and complete eye look with this product.  (  I tend to use more but some days I like to keep it simple and fresh)

The colours I received were from Pacifica Mystical Palette shadow palette ( 14$ for 4 colours)  I really like the full palette they are all out at the moment though :(
The colours are quiet pigmented and easy to blend.

This sample is 14$. It has the same weight as a full sized palette. 


Avene Thermal Spring Water
Known for its long history in treating atopic dermatitis, the Avène Thermal Spring Water is the only thermal spring water bottled directly from the sourcedand packaged in a sterile environment to guarantee purity and maximum skin benefits. Its unique composition is proven to soothe inflammation, itching, redness, general sensitivity and post-medical and aesthetic procedure irritation as it softens, protects and purifies the skin. Avène Thermal Spring Water is recommended by dermatologists worldwide. 

Spray onto the skin in a fine mist. May leave on for 2 to 3 minutes, and then gently pat dry. Ideal for use after cleansing, shaving, exercise, sun, to soothe diaper rash and set make-up to help keep it fresher looking longer. 

I will be trying this product but I am not impressed with this. To me it is just water in a can.  I definitely could of used another product instead of this one.  I will use this in the summer when it too hot as a spritzer to see if it helps keep my make-up looking fresher longer. I have noticed a lot of good reviews on this product so who know I might be pleasantly surprised.

Retail for this is approximately  3$ ( 18$ for 10.5 oz can)

Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF50 Sunscreen 
Protect and nourish your skin with our clear, lightweight, naturally scented sunscreen. Provides maximum water resistance and full body coverage against harmful UVA/UVB rays. 

I really like that this sunscreen is free of many chemicals. I also like the size of this bottle it will be perfect to bring at the splash park this year instead of carrying large bottles.

This bottle would retail at about 2.15$  ( a full sized bottle is 6 oz and cost 12.99$)


Boo-Boo Cover-Up: Medium Shade
ave a Boo-Boo? Skip the bandage and the shiny ointment. Look your best even while you heal with Boo-Boo Cover-Up for the body. Our innovative formula offers great coverage for skin imperfections while containing ingredients known in nature to promote healing. Contains aloe, chamomile, green tea, tea tree oil and vitamin E. Medium shade matches most skin tones.

I don't mind products like these as I am still discovering brands that I like when it comes to concealers and foundations. This shade matches my skin perfectly which is a plus. I am looking forward to try this product as well.  I also like that it is a Canadian product. My only issue is that this is an expensive product. 

Product in ipsy is full sized and retails for 19.99$
No Frizz Organic Sesame and Lemongrass Balancing oil By Balanced Guru
Balance frizzy hair without the need to weigh it down with silicones. The Balanced Guru No Frizz Organic Sesame and Lemongrass Balancing Oil controls fly aways with a blend of Sesame, Grapeseed, Jojoba and Tamanu Oils. Show your hair who's boss even in humid and tropical weather. By the way, you will also get incredible shine and manageability. 

I always like products like these I have curly hair that is prone to get frizzy especially in humid weather.
I am not really fond of the smell but it is something I can look past.  I am excited to try this product.

We got the travel sized which is half an oz retail is 13$ ( taken off of the site) Full oz is 25$. For the price it better work miracles and last long.


Thoughts
Although not all products made me happy the value of this bag is well worth the price. I won't always be happy with the products I receive but I like that I get to try products that I've never heard about..

Do you have Ipsy? What was in your bag? 

No comments:

Post a Comment