Wednesday 6 August 2014

April Whimsey Box review 2014

What is Whimsey Box?
Whimsey is the destination for D.I.Yers and crafters. For 15$ a monthly subscription that brings a fresh new project to your door every month. 

Ships to US and Canada ( 5$ S&H)

Referal Program:  Earn a free box every time someone signs up using your link (this is mine) and they will receive 5$ off of their first box.


This month box we got to learn Caligraphy
I like the boxes from Whimsey they are nice and simple. The best thing about them is the little quotes on the inside when you lift the flap. I find these nice and inspiring and add a personal touch to the box.

As per usual the box is well wrapped and every item has it's place. That is another great aspect of this box they take the time to pack it. 

Another great aspect of the box. You get two pieces of paper. One that is the products that are supposed to be in the box ( all my products where in) this piece of paper also has picture of the items. The second piece of paper ( thick paper, thinner then cardboard though) has a lovely picture from an artist every month ( seen below) and inside it explains how to do the craft in details. You can get more details on how to make the craft as well on their link.

This month artist is  Morgan Day Cecil and the art work is called Do Brave Things. I like this month art. I really enjoy how colourful it it. We are just starting to see buds on the trees here as we just lost the last of our snow that was around and the colours just make me think Yes, Spring is here. I am not super fond of the saying on it but I still like it. You can find this artist on these links below:
Twitter
Facebook
Etsy
Blog
Part of the supplies were several papers to practice and learn how to do Caligraphy

Last bit of supplies that was in the box were two nibs ( pen bits), the base to attach the nibs to and a container of ink. The box this month seemed a bit empty but it wasn't it was just the materials that were smaller. 
Another fun thing that they add to the boxes are these little badges to help you keep track of the new skills you've learned.

Thoughts
I will continue to say that I love this box. I haven't made this craft yet though because I have two kiddos and with my schedule this week I have been to tired to even attempt to do this art form. I will however add the pictures of the project once it is done on my facebook and twitter feed for you all to see once I have it done

No comments:

Post a Comment