Saturday 21 February 2015

To shave or not to shave? that is the question

Hello ya'll,

So today I am going to share an experiment that I have been doing with the husband. A few weeks ago a Facebook friend posted a link to an article that I absolutely loved. It was about why we are often disgusted by body hair.  I am giving you a warning now this may be a little TMI for some).

After reading the article I had a discussion with my husband about this issue. I don't quiet recall the whole discussion except for the part where my hubby told me that and I am quoting him " as a man it personally doesn't bother me". That led me to answer " Ok. I won't shave for the next three month" and that my friends is how all this happened. My husband didn't want me to write about this as now the world will know how weird I am but I am ok with that.

It has been a month now that I have been up to this no shaving thing. I decided to hold off on writting about it because to be honest I didn't know if I could do it. The first month has been weird I haven't shaved, plucked or rimmed anything  ( and I mean ANYTHING). My razor had been silently staring at me right in the face in the metal wire hanging basket in our shower. I have been tempted on many occasions to reach for that dear old friend of mine but I haven't. It was weird at first and still is to apply deodorant in front of the mirror and to see a dark patch of hair under my arms. My legs and nether regions don't bother at all because well like many women in winter I typically don't shave them that often.

I did tell some of my friends and co-workers what I was doing. Most of them had the same disgusted face that I was gross ( or more so my arm hair). My best friend thinks this whole things is great and  I have to keep her updated on my armpit hair growth. I myself have mixed feelings of the hair, but I think it is just because I am used to having them shaved.

Now I have to say besides having hair nothing has really changed. I don't smell any more then usual, I am not dirtier ( in fact my showering routine has stayed that same). I won't deny that after this experiment I don't know if I will continue on this journey of being hairy.  I do have a complete waxing appointment ( eyebrows, armpits, Brazilian and legs) booked already and I will blog about that experience too.

Have you ever gone without shaving? What are your views on hairy women?


Me

No comments:

Post a Comment