Thursday 5 March 2015

Avalai Period box

What is Avalai?
Avalai is box made for women's time of the month. Each box contains ( pads, tampons or both) as well as a few more items to pamper and help you get through your period.


The subscription process is fairly easy. Once you hit subscribed they ask you you three question: The duration of your period, the heaviness of your flow and what products you prefer to use. You then enter your payment information and shipping address and voilĂ  you are now an Avalai member.

The box that I had would of cost me 15 plus shipping and handling ( 10.80). The total of this box is 25.80$ for Canadians.



When this box arrived I was already excited a smell of blueberry was coming from the box and the address was hand written instead of printed I love that. It makes me feel like this package was well made just for me and that no one else would get a box like it. I also like that everything in the box was nicely packaged.


All the contents in the box. I do wish they had a product card letting you know what is in the box and the value. I always like to know the exact value of a box that I am paying for. 






I also liked the little bag of candies. Again on the bag everything was hand written on it. It took me back to when I was in school and got little gifts, candies and cards on my desk. I'll put the value of the candy bag at 4$ because I know the Russell Stover chocolate is about .90 cents a piece alone.

Every first order comes with this nifty little bag. When you open it there is a pouch for a few pads and three little slots to fit tampons. This is great for girls on the go that need to bring a few hygiene products with them and not have them lost in the bottom of their hand bag or bulging in their pant pocket.  The retail value is  8$ (the company has told me this)



A few teas that I will put the cost at 1.25$. I love tea and I like how this box contains some. It is always nice to have some relaxation time with tea and a good book when you are in a PMS mood.

Cottonelle flushable wipes. I actually have flushable wipes in my bathroom for when I am on my period. The fact that I now have a baggy of them is great I can now pack these in my bag and be able to freshen myself up when I am at work.  
I value these around 2$ too. 
Lavender bath tea bags. I never tried these before, I do like to take baths especially with two little ones running around. I can't wait to soak with these in my tub. 
I'll value these at 1$
19 pads ( by U-kotex) This is the brand I normally use so I am happy that this is the brand that this company uses.  I was able to find this exact amount for as low as 5.49$. I do like that there is overnight  and day pads in here but I would of also liked to see a few panty liners for the end of my period when full pads are no longer needed.
I'll retail this neat sponge at 5$ ( the sponge cuts are about 49 cents just by themselves) 
I thought this was a neat product that is also new to me. I tried it this morning in the shower and it was neat. I would probable only use it a few times a week just to get rid of the dead skin off of me. 

The total value of this box is approximately 26.75$ ( all prices were estimated based on prices I found on-line)

Thoughts

I really enjoyed this box and the array of products inside. I do wish as stated above that they had a few panty liners for the end of the week when full pads aren't needed any more. I  would also like to see a product card with the box that states the price of the items. The value of this box for Canadians might not be quiet worth it since you are paying more for the box then the value inside but if you don't mind that I  would recommend this box. I do whoever recommend this box for the US readers. This is a neat little box that will take the worry out of your "time of the month". 




I received a code to review this box for free I did have to pay shipping and handling.


No comments:

Post a Comment