Tuesday 2 December 2014

Christmas is near.

Hello Loves,

Today I will be talking about a bunch of things just cause I want too :).

The first thing is my measurements I took these on the 23rd of November I know it's earlier then what I normally take them but I am trying to avoid taking the measurements while I am on my period although I was still bloated when I took these measurements so it didn't make much of a difference.

Weight: 174 ( down 1 lbs)

Neck: 14 1/4

Shoulders: 46 1/2
Waist: 39 (40)
Chest 42 (43)
Hips: 40

Biceps: 14/1/2
Thighs: 25 (26)
calf: 16

I lost one pound and 1 inch off of my chest, hips and thighs. I was also using a new tape measurer so the measurements might be off.


I am still working out although I haven't had as much energy to do.  I am often exhausted probably because of being in a lot of pain lately due to all the weather changes but it will pass and I will be working out often again. I also try and do at least part of a workout everyday. I do walk or from daycare and work which is a bit of exercise. I have added some yoga back into my life 1-2 a week especially on days that I don't feel like working at all. I did a bit today but odds are later tonight ( If I don't fall asleep first) I will be doing some yoga just to relax and let some tension go.

This weekend was a bit of a bust for my eating compared to my week and today too :). I had a staff party where I totally binged on kielbassa and M&M's I probably gained 5 lbs all weekend. I then went of to the restaurant with the hubby and the kids. We had a salad, chicken parmesan with spaghetti and I had a millefeuille dessert yummy. Today I made a bunch of cookies for gifts and for Christmas so my oldest can have dessert as he is allergic to eggs.

Later on this month or first thing in January I will be talking about my goals that I managed to get through this year and the ones I want to set for 2015.

On the note of Christmas I was seeing a lot of things on the news and I just wanted to remind myself and you what Christmas should be about.

I noticed that a lot of the news talked about Black Friday and how so many fights happened but what surprised me the most was the video of a man that had fallen on the opening of the doors at a mall and not one single person helped him up instead they just stomped all over him for the sake of toys.

That's when I started thinking what is Christmas to me?

My husband and I have this debate every year. Every year I hear him say that it is just some stupid religious thing that no one actually cares about any more. It's just all about toys.

My answer is. Yes, there are many people who celebrate Christmas and not everyone does it to celebrate the birth of Jesus any more in fact probably most people don't celebrate the birth of Jesus.

I know I don't. So why do I celebrate Christmas? In part tradition, I think tradition is something that can be great especially when it comes to Christmas. For me Christmas is about family. I do think that families should meet up more often and not on just Christmas but we often don't that is why I like Christmas we all take time to visit and see family. Christmas is about laughing with each other and reminding and showing each other how much we love each other even if we see each together only a few times a year. The gifts are great but they aren't necessary. I think it is time to show our children what Christmas is about. I don't buy my child gifts on Christmas my family members do and some just give us money which goes in an account for the kids and we use it when we need it.

This Christmas share the laughs and the love and if you buy gifts great but don't make the holiday seasons about them. Remind yourself and your children that compassion and caring are more important then toys. Remind them that they don't have to be caught up in materialistic things.

So Merry Christmas to all of you out there just in case I don't get to write to you again before the new year.

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment