Monday 10 November 2014

Monopoly Junior Review



I received this product for testing/review purposes through Influenster Canada.


What the outside of the box looked like. Being able to see the game pieces had me already excited . I like that you can see the pieces through the windows.

Now let's take a look inside.

 The board the game is half the size of the adult board. All properties have been cut in half from the adult Version.
 These cut out pieces come are what you will use to place on the board once you have bought a property they match the game pieces.

 The game pieces. I love that these all have faces on them and that they are geared towards younger children. I also love the fact that they aren't just cone shaped like some board game pieces.

They also come in a yellow plastic part which holds them into the box. 

 The rule "book". I like that the instructions are both in French and English ( Yes, I am French). I also love how simple these are to follow. The instructions are quiet large and clear to read which is also a plus in books. 

Chance Card. These are similar to the ones in the adult version and you get two packs. I like that you get two packs in case you lose cards from one you have extra. 


The only money in this game are the 1M, I like that they have these but I would've loved to see at least another denomination in this game. I think children of 5 years know more then the number 1.


Review

I loved this game and here is why:

-The playing period is short. I love that this game isn't extremely long lasting ( the adult version can last for hours). I like this because younger children can get uninterested in things fairly quickly and  the short playing period with this game allows you to actually finish a game. 

I wanted to prolong the game with my little boo so I just handed more money out. 

- I love the game piece choices which make the game that much more interesting. 

- It is easy to understand and learn at any age. 

- If you play with younger kids, they can learn to count up to six and I think that is always a bonus. 

The only change I would like to see in this game as stated before is the money denomination. I would like to see at least one more since kids of age 5 should know more then just the number 1 by now. 


My little guy enjoying the game. We played one game which I prolonged by giving out more money and we had lots of fun. The little bugger won :)




ga


No comments:

Post a Comment