Saturday 5 September 2015

Potatoe chicken casserole

 I was browsing Pinterest the other night when I fell upon this recipe. I took a look at the ingredients and well I had them all. I also had ingredients that I thought would be awesome if I added then to the recipe.

I liked this recipe for two reasons:
1) It looked fairly simple to make.
2) My partner K isn't fond of chicken and I wanted a recipe that didn't just make the chicken a slab of meat but made integrate into to meal.

The ingredients listed are what I used but the quantities are approximations. Those that don't have quantities are because you can put as much or as little as you want.


Ingredients
1-2 lbs potatoes
1kohlrabi 
1 medium onion
Garlic
Olive oil
Greek or Italian seasoning
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 cups of cheese ( cheddar, marble, mozzarella, wte you like)


Preheat oven at 425 f

If you use large potatoes cut them into pieces of you use gem potatoes just leave them as they are. Peel the kohlrabi and cut into pieces do the same with the onion.

Put in an oven safe baking dish. Sprinkle with as much seasoning as you would like ( I used about 1/4 cup) and add the garlic too ( I used about 2tsp).  Drizzle some olive oil over it all and mix ingredients to coat.

Put in oven for 20 minutes. 

Pull out the dish from the oven and add the chicken ( you can cube it before hand but I just left it whole). Put the dish back into the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Once chicken is cooked take the dishes out of the oven ( if the chicken isn't cut up you can take the time to do it now and mix it into the potatoes and kohlrabi). Sprinkle cheese over it all place back into oven until cheese is melted.

Take out of the oven and serve.



This fed me, my partner ( why had to helpings), and my two boys ( 2-4 yrs). We also had plenty of left overs for the next day.





No comments:

Post a Comment