Sunday 28 June 2015

Strawberry rhubarb tart

Strawberry Rhubarb Tart

hello everyone,
I'm writing this from a tablet so I do apologize if it's not the best format. My phone broke and I am currently waiting to get a new one. 

I have been really busy between moving, learning my new role as a single mom and starting a new relationship with new friends and old ones as well as a personal relationship with someone I have been finding it hard to make time for myself. Last week was one of those weeks where I was able to find time for just myself and no one else and in that time I was able to do some baking. 

This year I took part in a program that last 18 weeks and I get fresh non-GMO and free from pesticide straight from farms around this area. My first box came with rhubarb and other then cutting it up and freezing it I decided to try my hand at a king strawberry rhubarb tarts.

I remember my mom making these and oh how good they tasted so I gave it a shot. I made my pie smaller because I knew Iwould probably sit there ND et the whole pie to myself. Making them inot to tart sizes this allows me to share it with friendsand family and keep my portion in check now that Iam once again on the trying to be healthy train. 

Any ways enough babbling here is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much s I did.

The crust I used was on this site it is from Ricardo and it is eggless. I to this recipe because my oldest is allergic to eggs and it is so far the best pie crust I have found.  I double this recipe to make approximately 24 tarts. 

THE FILLING

4 cups rhubarb cut into pieces
4 cups of strawberries cut into pieces
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 tablespoons of corn starch

Throw all then ingredients in a pot. turn it on medium heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender. 

If your mix is too runny just add a bit more cornstarch until you've reached the consistency you want. 

Once your mix is ready put it in the raw tart crust and cook it in the oven at 425 for 20-25 minutes.

You can then sprinkle confectionery sugar on them or add any other type of topping you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment