Tuesday 10 March 2015

Madame LadyBug Period Box ( February box)

What is Madame Ladybug?
Madame Ladybug was created by women for women. It is a monthly box that will help you get through your tough and sometimes painful time of the month. There are several box options to cater your needs and budget.

This box cost 33$ plus shipping and taxes is 14$.  Total of this box was 47$ in total ( I did get a 20% off code from the 47$)
This box was neatly package which as always is a plus. I also like that there is a category for items in this box and each items were put in a bag based on the category they fit in. 

This paper has all the prices of the items that are in the box and what category they fit in. There is also a little note to the subscribers about the box. 
Each bag has items in them. I like that they are separated. I found that it helped me find all the items that are on the list a lot easier. I also find that it made the box look a lot neater in the packaging since the items weren't all over the place.  
In this picture there is the extra pads and panty liners ( I didn't take pictures of the bundle of pads, they are however in the top picture) ( 8.20$), Scensibles Disposable Bags ( .45 cents), feminine wipes ( 1$), Advil Packets (2$). 

The picture shows everything that is in the Necessities For this Month list. I like that I not only have the regular pads that I need plus some extra pads and panty liners for when my flow slows down. I also like that there is wipes that I can bring to work and little disposable bags that are scented. Pads and tampons can smell so I think it is great that I have lightly smelling bags to keep some of the odour away.  I also like that there are a few Advil packets to help with some of the discomfort I get while on my Period.


The Pictures below are from the Guilty pleasures this month ( you can actually get a box with just the snacks from madame ladybug that will help you with your cravings)
O Organic  Dried Cranberries (5.99$)
Along with the unhealthy snacks I am glad that they included some healthier options too. My hubby was actually glad to see these as we often add cranberries to our salads and cereals and this is just perfect to have. 

5 Tea Bags ( 1.45)
I love tea and I am glad that this box contains a few and that they are of a variety from different companies. I will be enjoying these though out the week.
Valentine's Fruit Snacks ( .50$) and Mrs. Fields (.85)
Some jujubes which take me back to my childhood ( I don't buy these myself but it was nice to see them), Mrs Fields cookie ( well you can never go wrong with a cookie, it was delicious). 

Milano Dark Chocolate Cookie (.90$) and Jojo Chocolate Crunch (.99$)
These two snacks were also delicious and hit the spot when it came to my chocolate cravings. I like the variety that this box had in snacks from sweet to salty. 
A variety of Chocolate bars and Candies (  1.64$, some of these candies are part of the Bonuses List but I just put them all together)
Again I love the variety of treats I am glad that this came in with the box  and they are mostly all Valentine related which is great since it was the moth of February. 

I also received a bag of Veggie Chips that wasn't in the pictures ( My camera decided that the picture would be broken after I ate the bag but before I realized the picture wasn't opening) The price for that was 1.25$ ( they aren't bad but I wasn't fond of them, I am glad that I did get to try them however as I have been wanting to try some for a while).

The next pictures are of the Gifts & Bonuses This month 
In the picture there is.
Red Velvet Lip Balm Etsy SkysTheLimitLipBalm ( 1.50$), Body Heat Heating Pad ( 1.50$), Rose soak Bath Etsy Daily Bather (1.25$) , Coffee Mud mask Etsy Daily Bather (1,75$), Sugar Scrub Etsy KatnipArt, Vintage Bohemian Solitaire Ring ( 14.95$),  Sterling Silver 3 hearts Zircon Necklace ( 10.99$), Madame LadyBug Bag Hanger (18.99$), Cutie Ribon Credit Card Wallet ( 6$).

All right let's tackle the list.

I love how the bath and beauty products are from Etsy vendors. This shows me that this box supports small home business owners and I love that. I like trying new products that are hand made. I will be trying all of the products and possibly buying some if they suit me. 

The Jewellery I am still undecided about. I don't know if I am going to wear it or not but if I don't I know I can always give it away as a gift. 

I like the Credit Card wallet. I only have a big wallet and often times I just put my cards in a bag. The wallet will allow me to keep my cards organized. 

The bang hanger will come in handy but I would of like to see a little design on it to go along with the Madame ladybug logo.

The heating pad. I have never tried one but I will try this one. I get a few aches and pain through out the month so it should be interesting, 

Total value of the box is 84$

Thoughts

I liked this box but I wasn't completely in love with it. I like the huge variety that comes with the box. I like that there is many treats and goodies as well as extra pads and liners. I think that I am not completely in love with the box more because of some of the aesthetics of the following: The website does need some work. I hope that as this company grows that the website will become more professional looking. I also found that the pamphlet with all the prices are bit unprofessional too. It is a little bit too handmade to my liking. I would prefer to see a pamphlet that is a bit more solid and doesn't fold and crumple as easily and that the mistakes on it were lessened.  I do however that the box is broken down into sections in the box and on the pamphlet. I also like that the total retail value of the box is over what I paid for the box. I do hope that this company continues to grow and improve as they go as well as continuing to support smaller business in the hand-made world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment